Sunday, June 01, 2008

"Just Call Me a Freakazoid"

-- says my niece whose face and body are all splotchy from a reaction to an antibiotic she was taking to get rid of strep throat. My poor little leprotic-looking niece. It's too bad; this might lower the price we can fetch for her on eBay.

Just kidding.

On to more serious matters.

Today, I "caught" a disc with my chin at club practice, which I don't recommend as an effective catching technique. And later, during a semi-final match for B league playoffs, I badly rolled my ankle in the fourth point that took me out of the rest of the game. Frustrated, I watched my team get spanked and handed our first, last, and only loss of the season, while I sat helpless on the sideline with a swollen ankle that is now the size of a golf ball. To add insult to injury, I am sunburned (where? on my face, Deb) with a prominent backwards-trucker-hat-band tan line across my forehead. It's a really hot look, let me tell you.

Limping to work this week will be so much fun!

No comments: