I have somehow failed to post any entries in April. I suppose that I'm no longer the dedicated blogger that I used to be.
Okay, who am I kidding, I was never a prolific blogger, but at least for the month of April, I had a good excuse for not posting. One reason being Fools Fest (organizing and attending) and the other being that I was in New Zealand for two and a half weeks.
Fools Fest - a reunion tournament for Whiptail alums - was a blast. The weather was shockingly pleasant (for that time of year) and our team had the good fortune of first round byes for the first two days. Never mind that we did not win a single game or that the alum jerseys that we ordered never showed up. We were the hottest losers there even without matching shirts! And unlike the Trouble in Vegas debacle where the alum team was the only women's team at the tournament, we actually had the opportunity to play other women's teams at Fools, which was a huge step up for us. In true Whiptail fashion, it was a weekend filled with lap dances, booze, and hot girls like your mom. Oh, and ultimate.
And a mere 36 hours after the tournament, I boarded the first of four flights to embark on an epic 17-day adventure in the faraway magical land of kiwi people, kiwi birds, and kiwi fruit (of two varieties!). Where there are ultimate players and an RV, how can there not be adventure? Or at least a good story or two?
Kayaking, hiking, gondola-riding, weka-bird chasing, luging (or "lubing" as Sarah mistakenly likes to call it), elbow-licking, sleep-yelling, and double dessert eating and push up challenges were some of the more memorable events of the trip. This post is a just a taste of what's to come, so stay tuned!
Sunday, May 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment